14 August 2006

Feuding Hopalongs

As I stood in my darkened front yard this evening waiting for Ali to come and fetch her forgotten wallet, I spied a strange and surprising sight. In the middle of the residential street, two bunny rabbits began, well, catfighting. (Bunnyfighting?) They swiped their front paws at one another; one struck a glancing blow and the other leapt into the air. The two headstrong hares (HA!) kept at it for minutes on end, until interrupted by Ali's headlights. They reluctantly bounded onto the grassy island across from the house, where they started their fight anew.

I watched in shock for a moment longer, then walked inside, locked the door, and ate the head off of the hollow chocolate bunny that was left over from my Easter basket.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The assailant must have been Thumper (HA!)

15/8/06 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home